A big welcome back to Prof Douglas Drossman, worlds leading Gastroenterologist in Functional Digestive Disorders/Disorders of Gut Brain Interaction!
In todays episode we talked about
- What is patient centred care?
- Should the patient be the judge of patient centred care and why?
- What are the key definitions relating to communication?
- How and why effective communication is important to the patient and the doctor?
- How effective communication builds a therapeutic relationship and how it improves patient satisfaction levels and therapeutic outcome, and also reduces physical burnout in doctors.
- How to communicate and still manage time effectively.
- We discussed Prof Drossman’s educational videos for health practitioners on effective communication.
- We also discussed in great details Prof Drossman’s 10-point guide to ‘Learning & Applying Effective Communication Skills to Optimise the Provider Patient Relationship’, and how verbal and no verbal behaviour affects communication.
And…as always a whole lot more interesting and fun facts!
Please enjoy my discussion with Prof Douglas Drossman.