In todays episode I talk to Dr Chamara Basnayake about Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth or SIBO.
We discuss everything from
-what is Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO),
- the likely causes,
- suggested associations,
- diagnostic testing and their limitations
- available treatments, and
a whole lot more.
In this episode we discussed
- Female and Male fertility in IBD
-Fears about medication effect on pregnancy
-When should a potential mother to be contact their
Gastroenterologist if planning to get pregnant?
- When should they not consider trying to get pregnant.
- What effect does active disease have on the unborn baby/foetus?
- What is the risk of flare during pregnancy ? and how this differs in
Ulcerative Colitis versus Crohns Disease
- At what stages of the pregnancy is an unborn child most at risk
and a whole lot more.
I hope you find this talk interesting and most of all, helpful.