In the talk we touched the surface on a number of topics including:
- Reasons behind what made him decide to write about the
Psychology in the Bathroom?
- The psychology of excretion and disgust. And why there is so much
taboo surrounding the gut?
- We also talked about the anal character with the earliest discussion
going as far back Freud and psychoanalysis.
- How earlier anal traits or definitions correlate with more recent
psychological condition, like OCD, Perfectionism, Orderliness,
Authoritarianism, & Type A personality.
- We touched on the nature of swearing and the origins of
scatological swearing & why some people offended by it, and cultural
and gender differences
- We also talked about flatulence and emotion, defensive flatulence
and enjoyment of flatulence, and gender differences.
- We also talked about Toilet Graffiti and the theories of Latrinalia
including the differences between genders.
And finally we talked about the great debate surrounding whether the toilet seat should be left down.
This talk was only a taste or smell ? of the interesting information covered in this book and I encourage everyone to grab a copy and have a read.
I hope you enjoy the conversation
In todays episode I talk to Dr Adam Testro, head of the Intestinal Transplantation and Rehabilitation Unit at Austin Health in Melbourne Australia.
What a fascinating talk !
We discussed everything from
- What Intestinal Transplantation is
- its origins
- what and who it involve?
- The size of the medical team involved
- the duration of the surgery
-who gets to have the transplant i.e prerequisites for intestinal
-the different types of intestinal
and as always a whole lot more
Please enjoy the show